Search Recently viewed: View all
Argyros Mansion

Argyros Mansion

The ground floor of the mansion was built in 1860. It contained five rooms, a wine cellar, an oven and an annex for pets. Today, the renovated building functions as a guest house.

This impressive mansion, one of the few surviving neoclassical buildings in Cyclades, was constructed by the wine trader Georgios Emmanouel Argyros in 1888. It suffered serious damage during the 1956 earthquake and remained closed until 1987, when the Ministry of Culture decided its reconstruction. In 1997, it received the Europa Nostra prize for its exemplary gentrification.

In the Museum of the Mansion, there is an exhibition of furniture, mainly of western European origin, decorative objects, paintings, icons, cooking vessels and many more objects that were used in the 19th century Greek mansions.

Georgios Emmanouel Argyros Mansion
Messaria Santorini 847 00 Greece
Tel: +30 22860 31322
Open: May till October